Yours For The Taking / Hinged Frame
An ode to the liberating power of giving yourself permission.OVERVIEW
• This listing is for the piece as shown in the photographs
• Made with embroidery and gouache on thrifted fabric
• Displayed and for sale as is, in an upcycled hinged frame
• Piece is (2x) 8" wide by 12" high
The glass for the frame is optional for local delivery (glass is shown in the very last photo - it did not photograph well!), but not available for shipping as it increases the weight dramatically. Please let me know in the order comments if you are opting for the glass.
The piece is meant to stand without assistance on a shelf or table. The fabric is secured to the matboard and covered from the back with card stock. It is signed on top of this and behind the backing.
Each piece is designed by me and meticulously hand-made.
WHY IS IT PRICED AT THIS AMOUNT?
Pricing is tricky because although I believe my skill level earns me the right to start at $18/hr CAD, I also think art, in general, should be more accessible and not exclusionary - I'm still trying to find a sweet spot.
Here is a breakdown of materials and time spent on each piece for transparency.
• Materials for this piece came to $10
• Hand-embroidered and painted for 10 hours total
• Returns are accepted
• Expedited with Canada Post
• Actual colour may vary on all monitor screen settings. Please allow some variation between what you see on your screen and the actual pieces.